Sunday, April 13, 2008

Are you happy about being diabetic


The Happy Diabetic takes everyday dishes and international cuisine and shows us how to prepare them tastefully and in good health! Introducing Chef Robert Lewis the Happy Diabetic!

Growing up in California offered to me a culinary experience I will always cherish. I come from a long line of wonderful cooks. Family food artists and guests in my home were experts in preparing Jewish, Mexican, Middle and Far Eastern, and traditional dishes, which gave me a love for food and the creative outlet it provided. After graduating from the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York, in 1976, my personal and professional cooking journey began.

In 1998 I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. At that time I was sure my days of good eating were over. What I “heard” in those early days was only the list of foods that were prohibited. As I worked through my ups and downs, I came to realize that the selection of foods I could and should eat was vast and included many fabulous favorites. Thus began my motivation to create great tasting dishes that are easy to prepare. Requests to share tips and recipes resulted in the publication of two cookbooks, Get Happy Get Healthy, Recipes from the Kitchen of Robert Lewis the Happy Diabetic and Simply Desserts. I speak to audiences at hospitals and health fairs across the country delivering a message of hope and encouragement. My recipes celebrate great tasting food that both diabetics and non-diabetics can enjoy. My wish is that you will have fun as you follow my healthy cooking and eating plan! So…wield your French knife with the confidence of Zorro!

Happy Cooking! Chef Robert Lewis the Happy Diabetic

His personal experience with Type II Diabetes has been the motivation for the creation of hundreds of terrific recipes!

No comments: